Sunday, February 21, 2010

Standard Dvd On 1080p Black Bars Why Does My PS3 Display Black Bars When Playing Blu Ray DVD's?

Why does my PS3 display black bars when playing Blu Ray DVD's? - standard dvd on 1080p black bars

I have attached a new Toshiba 63 "1080p TV on a PS3 via HDMI.
During the playback of Blu-ray, me black bars above and below. In addition, the film quality is not better than standard DVD? I checked the installation, the settings of the PS3 and especially the display settings are "automatically".
Any tips?

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Many films for wider use of 16:9. The black bars are normal. In addition, ensure that your PS3 to 1080p output, and you get your TV (calibrated with calibration disc is a good idea, some films), the THX Optimizer on it for video calibration, is to get the best picture possible . And I suggest you see a current DVD and Blu-Ray compare to see how much difference it really ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get the black bars if you are on a TV screen or widescreen TV. Although there are black bars, you still get a much broader picture than standard definition. I wonder why they do it, I do not know. Not sure if the quality. Are you sure that you have the HDMI cables and nothing else? They buy Blu-Ray DVD? sorry if this sounds condescending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also make sure that your monitor is HDCP, Blu-Ray, as it is sometimes reduced support if it is compatible with

    ReplyDelete